Tim and I have been taking the Perspectives course over the last 14 weeks- only 2 more to go! We have a final project, actually a choice of 2. I have chosen to do a personal interview, and have been praying for a Russian international to interview, hoping for someone close to the area where Eli and our future child are from. How cool that would be, I surmised that God would have us be taking this course so we could learn more about how to share the gospel with others during our extended stay there.
Good Friday, I got a call from one of our former class instructors for Perspectives that works with international students at OSU in Columbus. Wondering if I still was looking for a student to interview, he gave me the name and number of a young lady from Russia. I called her last Tues and had a delightful conversation with her. We are meeting on Monday to do our interview, and I hope begin a new friendship!!
I have been on such a kick of getting our documents done as quickly as possible, actually chafing at times when it seems to not be moving. But we are done!! I go tomorrow to have the initial dossier apostilled and sent away to be translated!! YEAH!!!! So exciting!! And overlapped with my interview, saving the money of gas for 2 separate trips :)
Last Thursday morning, I woke early. The sun was shining so brightly in my face, my call to prayer:) I lay there conversing with God and I felt Him again tell me not to worry. He would provide all we needed for this journey. STOP FRETTING!! I had received my bonus check on Wed, and was planning on using that to make our home equity loan payment. I realized I would not be receiving our finalized paperwork in time to get it all done and turned in this week. I was allowing myself to be very disappointed, but God had other plans.
I arrived at work, and one of my coworkers, who had been talking about renting our timeshare, said he definitely wanted 2 weeks- and could get me the money soon... I asked if Friday would be OK, and he said he'd get it for me on his lunch break. So, within a few hours, I had the bonus check, the timeshare rental money and $200 I found in my purse!! I had enough to get our certified check for translation without borrowing any money, made a small payment on our home equity loan, and had enough left over for lunch and supper with Eli!! I sat in my car and cried tears of pure joy, so overwhelming is my Saviour's love for me!!
So, I ponder the questions.... I have been praying for 4 months for a Russian person to do our interview, one that lives close to the area we will be traveling to. When she told me she lived not far away from there, why was I so shocked and so overwhelmed? I was asking, believing God would answer, but I guess, maybe not fully trusting?
And when God told me He was going to provide, why did I feel so overwhelmed when He did just what He said He would do?
God, you soooo amaze me!! May I learn to trust fully and believe that you are....everything!!
No comments:
Post a Comment