Thursday, February 23, 2012

Baby Steps

Oh my sweet little baby... how my heart longs for you, my arms to hold you. 

2 weeks ago, Sunday morning, we found out that the Russian Govn't wanted to shut down the adoption process.  Oh how we prayed for you, and for all the other children without families. 

Sunday night, as I was tucking Eli into bed, he asked me why I was crying in church that day.  After many little quick prayers for wisdom in how to explain it to him, I told him the Russian Govn't was trying to stop the children from coming to their new homes with their new families.  The inevitable question followed... "Why?"

I explained that there were a few children that didn't go to families that took very good care of the children. 
"What happened to them?" ....Some even died. 

After a minute, he looked earnestly at me and said, "Mommy, I am going to call the Russian government and explain to them that this is a good family and they need to let my brother and sister come home right away!!"

After another pause for reflection, he said, "But they are too far away to call, aren't they?"

"Yes," I replied.  "But who is in charge of everything, after all?"

"God is."

"That's right!! So we can talk to God about this any time we want to.  What do you think?"

How precious is your brother's love already for you, and he has yet to meet you.  Oh how I pray for a very close relationship for you and your big brother.  We can't wait to have you home and in our arms and lives forever!!

By the way, it was merely rumors.  The Adoption process continues, and we hope to meet you VERY SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment