I know all of us have many God moments in our lives. The question we must stop and ask is this... Do we recognize the gift and the Giver? I am awed and humbled at how God has been touching our lives through the adoption process.
Sunday morning was a glorious sunrise. Our bed is situated so the sun comes right through the window and directly into my face. I love it!! It is my quiet time with God, as I bask in the light and His glory. What sweet communion we had before I even got out of bed!!
Sunday was part 2 in a series that our pastor has been preaching on worry... or rather, how our lives should not be dictated by worry. It is our ability to lean on God and remember His promises that lets us let go of life's troubles and give it to the Creator... the One that knows us sooo much better than we even know ourselves.
As we had a quiet time to reflect and pray, I was humbled anew. I was talking, telling God I really am letting go of worrying about bringing our daughter home. I know it will occur on the exact date He planned for it to at the beginning of time. It will NOT be delayed one moment. How silly to allow myself to worry when we will get this or that document. My Daddy, my Heavenly Father, has is all under control.
While I was telling God all these things, I felt such a deep resonance within my spirit. God asked me, "Don't you know I love her so much more than you will ever understand? Trust her in my care, I will take care of her and place her in your arms soon." I'm paraphrasing that... Should have written it down immediately... The essence of what He said to my heart is so overwhelming. Makes me feel as though I am of little faith to have worried about this at all.
So, yesterday morning started like any other. Got Eli off to school, Tim got home from work and then after a bit set off to help rehab a home with some folks from church. (Putting on a new roof!) I had just sat down at the sewing machine to begin work on Eli's pants. Amazing how little boys and holes in the knees of their pants go hand in hand... and my phone buzzed.
It was an email from our family coordinator. And not just any email!! It was our petition to court, the final document we need to be submitted for our court appointment. At around 10:30 in the morning, this paperwork we have been waiting on finally arrived.
I can only say that the next 5 hours of my day were totally directed and led by God Himself. I read though the document, added changes and info where requested, printed the document, drove to the work site, climbed to the roof, drove to town, got notarization, to the court house for county certification and then drove to downtown Columbus to the Secretary of States Office for the apostille. I was able to find a parking spot right in front of the door that I needed to go in for the secretary of State's office.... and for any who really know me, you'll know this was the real kicker for the day.... I parallel parked on the very busy 4th street around 1:30pm, with just a few feet in front and behind the car...ON THE FIRST TRY!!!! There was already money in the meter, and when I got into the office, I only had to wait about 5 minutes before they took the documents back.
Our agency had just sent a note telling families that the different offices that take care of our documents have no idea what we are doing, it is just hum drum paperwork to them, and that a thank you card with a pic of your child when you are done is so very greatly appreciated. As I thought about that, I decided to show them what they were doing the paperwork for. I had my scrapbook with me, and after showing them, I think they began to acquire the glow I know I had going on!! They became so excited for us. The woman working on my paperwork thanked me for sharing. She said it is always the same thing over and over and they never know what all the docs are for. She shared how special it was to know they could have a part in something like this, and what a wonderful mom she was sure I would be.
The gentleman working the counter also lit up when he saw our beautiful baby girl!! He was so helpful giving me directions to get to the nearest FedEx... which was only about 4 or 5 blocks away:) I was able to scan the documents with an app on my phone and send them right away to VA and then on to Russia, make copies at FedEx and mail out the originals and copies needed to our adoption agency. They should take off for Russia on Wednesday, hopefully arriving Monday. (this is a holiday weekend in Russia) Then, thanks to the guidance of my TomTom, I was able to make it out of Columbus and back home before Eli got off the bus!!
I later told a friend of mine I felt like Wonder Woman, riding in her invisible jet... except I am a daughter of the King, riding in His hand. How wonderful to have His direction and guidance so strong through the day.
So what does this final paperwork mean? This means there is a very slim chance (read next to none without a miracle) that we will be submitted to court this week... tomorrow.... and have court on May 30 and go back for our daughter's 1st birthday and bring her home the next day. Most likely, we will be submitted next Wed and have court the first Wed in June, picking her up first week of July. And I am also aware that there are other families trying just as desperately to get back to their children, so we may have court even later.
But I know this to be true. God has a plan for Lael Ksenia Swingle. He is in charge of this process from beginning to end, and I DO NOT need to worry a single second. My longing may become great, but my worry can fade away, 'cause God is in control and it will happen at the exactly right and perfect time.
Thank you God for your confirmations over and over again of how much you love us. Thank you for continuing to prepare us to be the parents that Lael needs and You want us to be. Thank you for molding our family on such a beautiful note, reminding us that we are all adopted into Your family. How precious we are to you. Thank you for giving us a clue about the longing You have in your heart for us, just as we long for our sweet baby. Oh thank you for the precious gift of our son. We have learned so much more of you as we move forward trying to raise him as we feel you leading. YOU ARE AWESOME!!
Sunday morning was a glorious sunrise. Our bed is situated so the sun comes right through the window and directly into my face. I love it!! It is my quiet time with God, as I bask in the light and His glory. What sweet communion we had before I even got out of bed!!
Sunday was part 2 in a series that our pastor has been preaching on worry... or rather, how our lives should not be dictated by worry. It is our ability to lean on God and remember His promises that lets us let go of life's troubles and give it to the Creator... the One that knows us sooo much better than we even know ourselves.
As we had a quiet time to reflect and pray, I was humbled anew. I was talking, telling God I really am letting go of worrying about bringing our daughter home. I know it will occur on the exact date He planned for it to at the beginning of time. It will NOT be delayed one moment. How silly to allow myself to worry when we will get this or that document. My Daddy, my Heavenly Father, has is all under control.
While I was telling God all these things, I felt such a deep resonance within my spirit. God asked me, "Don't you know I love her so much more than you will ever understand? Trust her in my care, I will take care of her and place her in your arms soon." I'm paraphrasing that... Should have written it down immediately... The essence of what He said to my heart is so overwhelming. Makes me feel as though I am of little faith to have worried about this at all.
So, yesterday morning started like any other. Got Eli off to school, Tim got home from work and then after a bit set off to help rehab a home with some folks from church. (Putting on a new roof!) I had just sat down at the sewing machine to begin work on Eli's pants. Amazing how little boys and holes in the knees of their pants go hand in hand... and my phone buzzed.
It was an email from our family coordinator. And not just any email!! It was our petition to court, the final document we need to be submitted for our court appointment. At around 10:30 in the morning, this paperwork we have been waiting on finally arrived.
I can only say that the next 5 hours of my day were totally directed and led by God Himself. I read though the document, added changes and info where requested, printed the document, drove to the work site, climbed to the roof, drove to town, got notarization, to the court house for county certification and then drove to downtown Columbus to the Secretary of States Office for the apostille. I was able to find a parking spot right in front of the door that I needed to go in for the secretary of State's office.... and for any who really know me, you'll know this was the real kicker for the day.... I parallel parked on the very busy 4th street around 1:30pm, with just a few feet in front and behind the car...ON THE FIRST TRY!!!! There was already money in the meter, and when I got into the office, I only had to wait about 5 minutes before they took the documents back.
Our agency had just sent a note telling families that the different offices that take care of our documents have no idea what we are doing, it is just hum drum paperwork to them, and that a thank you card with a pic of your child when you are done is so very greatly appreciated. As I thought about that, I decided to show them what they were doing the paperwork for. I had my scrapbook with me, and after showing them, I think they began to acquire the glow I know I had going on!! They became so excited for us. The woman working on my paperwork thanked me for sharing. She said it is always the same thing over and over and they never know what all the docs are for. She shared how special it was to know they could have a part in something like this, and what a wonderful mom she was sure I would be.
The gentleman working the counter also lit up when he saw our beautiful baby girl!! He was so helpful giving me directions to get to the nearest FedEx... which was only about 4 or 5 blocks away:) I was able to scan the documents with an app on my phone and send them right away to VA and then on to Russia, make copies at FedEx and mail out the originals and copies needed to our adoption agency. They should take off for Russia on Wednesday, hopefully arriving Monday. (this is a holiday weekend in Russia) Then, thanks to the guidance of my TomTom, I was able to make it out of Columbus and back home before Eli got off the bus!!
I later told a friend of mine I felt like Wonder Woman, riding in her invisible jet... except I am a daughter of the King, riding in His hand. How wonderful to have His direction and guidance so strong through the day.
So what does this final paperwork mean? This means there is a very slim chance (read next to none without a miracle) that we will be submitted to court this week... tomorrow.... and have court on May 30 and go back for our daughter's 1st birthday and bring her home the next day. Most likely, we will be submitted next Wed and have court the first Wed in June, picking her up first week of July. And I am also aware that there are other families trying just as desperately to get back to their children, so we may have court even later.
But I know this to be true. God has a plan for Lael Ksenia Swingle. He is in charge of this process from beginning to end, and I DO NOT need to worry a single second. My longing may become great, but my worry can fade away, 'cause God is in control and it will happen at the exactly right and perfect time.
Thank you God for your confirmations over and over again of how much you love us. Thank you for continuing to prepare us to be the parents that Lael needs and You want us to be. Thank you for molding our family on such a beautiful note, reminding us that we are all adopted into Your family. How precious we are to you. Thank you for giving us a clue about the longing You have in your heart for us, just as we long for our sweet baby. Oh thank you for the precious gift of our son. We have learned so much more of you as we move forward trying to raise him as we feel you leading. YOU ARE AWESOME!!
This is heather brandt saying, "yay, God!" I'm so excited that you got the petition to court so quickly! Praying for you all!
ReplyDelete