Eli and I were getting him ready for school on Thursday. How exciting- our Teddy Bear picnic with the Kindergarteners:) He came over and leaned into me as I was sitting on the hearth talking to him. I pulled him onto my lap and he snuggled into me. How I savor these precious moments of cuddling!! Especially when I do not initiate them:)
He looked up at me and told me he was so glad he was born.
What??? I thought in my mind???
He said again, "I am so glad I was born and I am alive. I am so glad that I am me, and I get to have you for a Mom." Then he snuggled closer, wrapped his arms around me and hugged me close.
I was humbled, flabbergasted, at a complete loss of what to say to a comment of such magnitude. Once I was able to get past the huge lump in my throat of gratitude that God has put such a heart in my son, I affirmed him and told him I, too, am so glad he was born, is who he is and that of all the Mom's in the world, I am the one God chose to be his Mom. We snuggled for a few precious minutes.
Then he looked at me and went on to say he doesn't remember Russia anymore. After assuring him that it was ok and we could talk about it and look at pictures, and, maybe, someday return there, he jumped up, finished getting ready and off to school and the rest of the day we went.
This is definitely a precious jewel in my storage box of memories. It has been really cool to not work as many hours the last few months so we can do more things together and spend more time together. Can't believe he will be graduated from Kindergarten and moving into summer break and 1st grade in 2 short weeks!! I also can't believe he is going to be 6 years old in 1 week!!
Thank you, God, for the precious heart you put in our son!! Thank you for trusting him to our care to raise, for making us his parents. Thank you for continuing to make us the best parents we can be and help us to raise our children as you would have us to!! Thank you!!
He looked up at me and told me he was so glad he was born.
What??? I thought in my mind???
He said again, "I am so glad I was born and I am alive. I am so glad that I am me, and I get to have you for a Mom." Then he snuggled closer, wrapped his arms around me and hugged me close.
I was humbled, flabbergasted, at a complete loss of what to say to a comment of such magnitude. Once I was able to get past the huge lump in my throat of gratitude that God has put such a heart in my son, I affirmed him and told him I, too, am so glad he was born, is who he is and that of all the Mom's in the world, I am the one God chose to be his Mom. We snuggled for a few precious minutes.
Then he looked at me and went on to say he doesn't remember Russia anymore. After assuring him that it was ok and we could talk about it and look at pictures, and, maybe, someday return there, he jumped up, finished getting ready and off to school and the rest of the day we went.
This is definitely a precious jewel in my storage box of memories. It has been really cool to not work as many hours the last few months so we can do more things together and spend more time together. Can't believe he will be graduated from Kindergarten and moving into summer break and 1st grade in 2 short weeks!! I also can't believe he is going to be 6 years old in 1 week!!
Thank you, God, for the precious heart you put in our son!! Thank you for trusting him to our care to raise, for making us his parents. Thank you for continuing to make us the best parents we can be and help us to raise our children as you would have us to!! Thank you!!
No comments:
Post a Comment