Lael and I went to Columbus yesterday to have our 6 month post placement report apostilled so we could send it in. Oh. My!! Where has the time gone?? It really is that strange phenomenon that feels we were just in Russia to get her, yet it feels as if she has always been here. Amazing the attachment the heart finds when God forms the bond.
Lael is tracking just ahead of where she should be- no lags are noticeable from being institutionalized the first year of her life. I keep watching her, knowing that these were the months we missed with Eli. He was 17 months when we met him the first time. I was so incredibly thankful to meet one of his caregivers during our first trip. He leapt from my lap, face completely changed to smiles and giggles when he saw her come into the room. She sat down and, with him on her lap, proceeded to show us what he already knew... identifying body parts, doing a nursery rhyme with motions.
I am so thankful for that display of affection, knowing that Eli had someone that loved him, spent time with him. It was such an answer to prayer for the specific prayers I prayed from the moment he was born, that someone would love him so much, that he would feel the love of God. It was a comfort to me during the 5 months we waited to bring him home.
Lael seemed to have that as well. There was a woman that worked there that brought Lael to us on several occasions. She is also in many of Lael's photos on the disposable camera we left. She really seemed to love her and care for her. I am so thankful for this woman being in Lael's life- loving and giving so much love to these children that are so forgotten. What a difference these ladies are making in the hearts of these precious children.
We are just a few days away from being Lael's forever family for 6 months. Thanking God for the precious bundle He has entrusted to our care. Praying we will continue to listen to His guidance as we try to be the parents we need to be to help her achieve her full potential and discover her purpose.
Lael is tracking just ahead of where she should be- no lags are noticeable from being institutionalized the first year of her life. I keep watching her, knowing that these were the months we missed with Eli. He was 17 months when we met him the first time. I was so incredibly thankful to meet one of his caregivers during our first trip. He leapt from my lap, face completely changed to smiles and giggles when he saw her come into the room. She sat down and, with him on her lap, proceeded to show us what he already knew... identifying body parts, doing a nursery rhyme with motions.
I am so thankful for that display of affection, knowing that Eli had someone that loved him, spent time with him. It was such an answer to prayer for the specific prayers I prayed from the moment he was born, that someone would love him so much, that he would feel the love of God. It was a comfort to me during the 5 months we waited to bring him home.
Lael seemed to have that as well. There was a woman that worked there that brought Lael to us on several occasions. She is also in many of Lael's photos on the disposable camera we left. She really seemed to love her and care for her. I am so thankful for this woman being in Lael's life- loving and giving so much love to these children that are so forgotten. What a difference these ladies are making in the hearts of these precious children.
We are just a few days away from being Lael's forever family for 6 months. Thanking God for the precious bundle He has entrusted to our care. Praying we will continue to listen to His guidance as we try to be the parents we need to be to help her achieve her full potential and discover her purpose.
No comments:
Post a Comment