Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fall Days


I can't believe it has been a month since I last posted!!

This has been the fall season! The trees are sooo incredibly amazing! I remember the first spring when we brought Eli home, the flowers seemed to smell sweeter and blooms were spectacular.  And now, even with the drought conditions over the summer, the trees are vibrantly, incredibly, soul watering beautiful!! I keep thinking that Bob Ross is sitting in heaven, watching God, exclaiming over and over as he watches the Master drop in happy little highlights and bushes on the landscape that is so incredibly beautiful.


My friend has an apple tree in her front yard.  She asked several of us if we wanted apples to please come and get them.  They had used all they wanted and the tree was packed.  We went twice and brought home about 5 gal the first trip and about 12 gal the second trip.  The first trip yielded 16 pints of applesauce, canned and beautiful on the shelf.  The second trip produced 15 Quarts of caramel Apple Pie Filling, and almost 16 Quarts of applesauce.  Yumm!!


Lael had 3 teeth erupt 2 weeks ago! We find 2 molars on top and the last incisor on the bottom front.  I was very thankful to see those teeth!! Tim has been fighting a cold that is now passing around to the rest of us, and I thought Lael might have picked that up... but now realize it was due to teething!! She still has a runny nose, so we are watching for more teeth and giving supportive measures for a cold:)

We've had such fun with the leaves and the cooler temperatures.  The other day when Tim was at work the kids and I headed outside after Eli got home from school.  Eli helped rake the leaves into a shallow pile and Lael and he had fun jumping in them.  I love how Lael jumps... She gears all up for it and bounces the knees, but the feet never clear the ground.  How she loves to play outside!



A leaf can keep her attention for quite a while.  It is so amazing to watch her discovering the world.

Last Saturday morning, October 13th, Tim and Eli had an opportunity to help pack almost 72,000 meals for children around the world, including some in our own neighborhoods.  A young woman in our church felt called to draw others into her vision she felt God had given her, and she spread the news, raised the monies, brought in the supplies, gathered and organized packers and far exceeded the 50,000 meals she had hoped for.  What a life changing event!! So glad my guys got to be a part of it!




Then, after lunch, we went to the Tipp City area on Saturday to celebrate my Great Aunt June's 80th birthday.  I don't think we have seen her since we were married in 2000, so it was a double blessing to be able to introduce both children to her.


 How amazing to meet all this family that gathered that I never knew before.  It is always interesting to find out new facts and hear stories about when your parents were growing up. The funniest point of the day... Finding out the cake was a styrofoam cake...

No comments:

Post a Comment