Happy birthday!! We just made our quest for Ksenia official in the eyes of the court!! We signed off that we have met her, are aware of any an all health problems and would like to pursue legally becoming her parents. The notary just witnessed our intent, and now we are on the way to visit our baby once again;)
This morning has been great!! We woke early to Skype with Eli before he went to bed, and then went back to Bellini for the breakfast buffet. So relaxed and elegant!!
Yelena came to our room with a box of chocolates for Tim and a big happy birthday!! Our facilitators are just all around amazing!!
What a great start to our morning;) more later on our visit today;)
We brought about 15-20 little outfits and several gifts today to present to the workers taking care of Ksenia, a well as others caring for the children here. As I was setting them out, I heard the rapid click of heels coming down the hall and guessed our baby was coming...she doesn't walk yet.. The footsteps we hear are of the worker that brought her;)
She came right to me, and after a couple minutes cuddling, I gave her to her Daddy's arms. Yelena was able to get our camera and get a few pictures of us together. Ksenia spitting up all over herself and Daddy soon led to cleanup operation instead of photos. ;) We quickly cleaned up and then we began to play;) she was much more active at first, boy oh boy is she fast!! She is doing an almost walk crawl, knees not often touching the ground. We were very impressed at eye hand coordination as she grabbed the stacking blocks easily. She began to hit her teether ring on the cup and was quite tickled with her actions. She really enjoyed knocking over the little towers I built from the remaining cups.
A little time in the bouncer walker yesterday and she was a pro today!! Scooting at an almost run all around the room. Oh the grins and giggles are priceless!!
She walked holding my fingers to the ball pit. Once inside, she was standing in the balls, holding on to the sides, bending over and grabbing balls!! We didn't think she'd have the balance for it, but she proved us wrong;) Over she'd go and come right back up with a ball;)
She seemed a little sleepy after that. I asked her Papa if he wanted to hold her (it IS his birthday, after all;)) and he was very positive in his response.
So, as he held his baby girl, swaying softly, she relaxed completely, eyes drifting shut, slowly but surely winding that cord tight around our hearts... We could feel our hearts expanding as that amazing love growth occurs. The same love that allowed God to shrink to human form, slowly is stretching our hearts to a more God sized love, encompassing our children completely and spilling over onto everyone around us.
Oh the Father's love!! So amazing to watch Daddy dancing with Cinderella, like in Stephen Curtis Chapman's song. Tim looked at me and, when I asked him what he was thinking, he said,"... Dancing with her at her wedding..."
She slept in his arms for almost 30-45 minutes. I got a lot of very sweet pictures of them;) oh the sweet look in her Daddy's face... Tenderness and compassion... What must God the Father look like when he looks at us???
She finally woke up and was perky and playful... She crawled over and fell to the floor. I fell down across from her and began kicking my legs like she was. She looked at me with a crooked smile... Just like Eli did at first when I would be silly with him...
And then, just that fast, it was over!! Her caregiver had come back for her. We said good bye, paka!! And we're able to say "Zaftra" tomorrow, one last time.
Can tomorrow really be our last day of seeing her for this trip???
I do hope and pray that as we return home and I am pushing as hard as possible to get our documents done as quickly as possible that all whom I am pressing to move quickly will know it is only to return and hasten the time before she is home with us forever!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment