Thursday, April 5, 2012

Last Minute Rush

Oh Baby! We are leaving in only 1 day and a wakeup!!

Last Friday, I was talking to our family coordinator and some things came to light that were very troublesome!! The date was wrong on our criminal background checks we had done back in January.  The date at the top of the page was listed as still 2011, and the notary was 2012.  After a rather quick phone call to BCII we were assured everything would be fixed and to us on Monday.

We also found out the judge is requiring several more documents.  (Which is totally his prerogative:)) He wants copies of all our post placement reports for Eli, along with photos, and a copy of the chapter from the OHIO Law book about adoption, along with the Hague treaty.  Ohio has a lot of laws for domestic adoptions, so we are looking at adding over 60 pages with that one document alone. 

So, I spent the weekend scouring for the pictures we used for Eli's post placement reports, cleaning and setting up Eli and Lael's rooms to get updated pictures for our photo album we turn in after trip one, and preparing for this weekend. 

Special Aside.... Our small group did a Seder Meal on Tuesday evening.  Thank you, Kelly and Brian, for the wonderful time.  Eli and I had been discussing all about the Last Supper over the last few weeks and he really seemed to get it.  Tim and I were very blessed as well!

So, yesterday at work, it was like a Steel Magnolias movie.  We actually got the docs in that we needed to get started on the above requirements.  So with almost giddy aplomb I told my coworker our good news, that we might, just might, possibly get to take these docs with us to speed the processing.  It seemed to be flowing so well!! I was on a mighty high!!

Then, just after lunch, Tim called to let me know that the BCII copies had come in the mail.  The dates were messed up again.  I completely fell on that one...right into the arms of God!! He has been sooo very faithful and so very close through this whole process.  I was able to contact the appropriate person at BCII and she was able to get everything lined up to complete this morning. 

So, this morning, instead of taking Eli and Papaw to the special All Pro Dad's breakfast, I dropped him off and headed to London, OH- about an hour and 45 min drive one way.  IT.  WENT. FLAWLESSLY!!
Thank you to all who were praying with us!! Got the BCII check papers, court house was only about 2 miles up the road from the BCII office and I had to come back through Columbus, easy stop at the Secretary of State's office to get the apostilles done. 

Paperwork wise, we now have what we need to take with us.  YEAH!!!! The other docs can wait til next trip.  Praising God for rearranging my perspectives:)

Tim and I are almost packed and ready to go.  Eli is all ready to go.  Oh my... It is such an emotional day.  We get to hold our baby girl in just a few short days!!!

Other blessing.... We have to have brand new bills for our money- no marks, no creases folds or tears.  The money changers are legally permitted to give 30% reduction on exchange for damaged bills. Last week I was able to get new 100 and 20 dollar bills from our credit union.  Thank you!! But no one could get $50.
I spoke with a friend that works at PNC Bank in Zanesville that also goes to our church.  She said she would check for us to see if they could order some.  The next day, the answer was negative.  No $50 bills to be had. 

So, I continued cleaning and taking pictures, trying to photostitch to get a panoramic view of children's bedrooms.  It did not go very smoothly.  As I was fretting, I remembered to give it all to God.  I told Him I needed help, I felt as though I were drowning.  Just then, the phone rang.  It was PNC Bank.  A customer came in with a still paperbound pack of brand new $50 bills to trade in.  She was letting me know that she would hang onto it until I could come today to pick it up.

I still cry as I think about it.  God, you are sooo very good to us, and I know we don't deserve it.  Your grace is more than sufficient, your love unmistakable...We are traveling on the day your Son rose from the dead, allowing our adoption into your family.  I am SO OVERWHELMED by YOUR LOVE!! Thank you for allowing our adoption of our little girl to begin on the same day that your adoption for us is celebrated!!

2 comments:

  1. Excited for you & praying for you! I remember so fondly following your blog and praying for you when you met your son & then returned for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all. Prayers for smooth transitions and an amazing family Easter celebration for 4;) Take it easy on me if you play wwf on the plane;)

    ReplyDelete