Friday, April 13, 2012

I'll Be Back!!!

Ok, so today's post is very difficult to write... I'll begin with the happy details;)

Had a great evening staying in the apartment last night... Made chicken parmesana minus the cheese and had a lovely meal together.

Free Wifi and Skype has enabled us to be in more contact with our family and friends than we have been able to do from home... Really takes any lonely factor out;)

We watched O Brother Where Art Thou last night, washed some clothes in the washer (soooo loud, sounded like a train coming through apartment;)) and Skyped with mom and dad.

We have been doing very well with our schedules this week, sleeping at the appropriate times, and waking at the appropriate times;) so grateful the jet lag hasn't gotten us very badly.

This morning we Skyped extra long with Eli. Boy oh boy, we can't wait to give him a hug in person! We miss him soo much!! He read us his new library book... Soo proud of him!!!! He does so well with reading.

We ate breakfast at the same buffet. Very nice, again!! Tim found the Russian name translates to GastoBar.... Ugh!!! I'll stick w Bellini!!

When we got back from breakfast we were able to talk to some very good friends... And then... Time to go...

Our ride to the baby home was great!! We had some conversation with our facilitator and then something really tickled her and we all were laughing for a while. It was a great ride.

I feel so melancholy today, knowing it is our last visit on this trip. Ksenia was extra playful today... We even got giggles and a few laughs... She ran all over in the bouncer/walker... Walked all over with us holding her hands. Crawled all around on 1 knee and 1 foot.

She danced and clapped her hands to the music.. On time!! And oh the priceless grins!!!

At one point she pulled herself up at the couch... Almost ran along one side and then took several free steps to grab the other side!! We got to see it!! Thank you God for baby steps... Literally!

She started to get a little fussy about 20 til 2... She leaves at 2 for lunch, so I scooped her up and swayed gently, lightly dancing to the music from the Vtech bunny.

Then, oh sweet joy!!! She fell asleep in MY arms... Ah, to feel that little body pressed close to mine and to be able to savor her warmth and smell for a last few minutes before saying adios ( I say that because it means go with God... NOT GOODBYE). I CANNOT stand this leaving!!! My heart is torn in 2 and I can barely see the letters for the tears in my eyes. Tim grabbed the camera for a few shots and got Ksenia leaving with her caregiver.


Thank you, God, for the reminder that I can look forward to loving on our son, whom we desperately miss as well.

You make all things beautiful in Your perfect time. I pray so fervently that the time be short til we again return for the next leg of this journey and can be reunited with our precious little girl.

Thank you for sealing her so tightly in our hearts and thank you for holding my heart together as it feels it might shatter.

So thankful for all the blessings you have given us. I am blown away at what you have done, are doing and have yet to do. Thank you for wrapping us all closely in your arms!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you to have a quick return to Russia for your sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete