Thursday, September 20, 2012

2 month gotcha!!

I can't believe we have been Lael's parents now for 2 months!! What an amazing thing God is doing in our lives!

We have been so busy lately!! It is very different with 2...much more exhausting in many ways, even with Eli gone for 8 hours a day for school.  I have been trying so hard to stay caught up with documenting our first few months...

We had an impromptu visit with my Grandmother- didn't realize until later that it was on Grandparent's day:)  It was wonderful to be able to introduce my new family to Grandma.

It is still such an adjustment time for us.  Though it feels as if Lael has always been with us, and our love seems to grow more each day, there are still so many new things we are learning.

We had learned from our trips around the world to Russia (we have made 5 so far- 2 for Eli and 3 for Lael) how to pack very lightly.  No need to overpack!!! .....

Then... we traveled with children.  And forgot our church clothes (our only other outfit:/) Needless to say, the laundry machine was busy when we got home, and I sure was glad that Grandma had an outfit I could wear after my only pair of capris got soaked by a leaky diaper just before we left for church. The foibles and joys we can tend to be so upset with during this far too brief period of childhood... oh that we could laugh about them as they happen as we will when recounting the story years later.

Lael is getting much better at communicating.  She can now tell us when she wants to get down- saying, "down" as well as our names.  It is so hard to discern what all she can understand.  I tend to err on the side of believing she understands everything I tell her:)

Had a great weekend.  My brother and his family gave Eli a bow and arrows as a birthday gift.  We took it to Mom and Dad's house a few weekends ago and Rick discovered that the bow was bent.  He took it back and traded it in and they sent Eli a new bow.  It arrived on Friday... Just in time to go out and have fun with the new target we had.

There is no arrow here in this picture because he had just released it...



What a fun day!! I even got to try out my prowess at the bow:)  Eli was a great teacher:)

Then the kids played on the playset for a while.   I kept trying to get some good face shots... however, my children, especially Lael, are more concerned with enjoying every moment, rather than posing to capture moments.  Hopefully, they will always savor each moment they are given.  My, how fleeting these moments are!!

I know these are all almost the same, but the differences are charming... so many different emotions captured...




 I mentioned trying to get shots of Lael's face.... here are the many faces of Lael.  Some make her look like a totally different child.  So Precious!!
















We went to the doctor's office on Monday to have a spot on her face looked at.  It didn't seem to be responding to treatment.  While we were there, we found out she has gained 3 pounds already (in 6 weeks!!)!! She is so tall and slender.  I was able to preserve her hand and footprints in clay- the little kits that have the picture on the other side of the frame...I had done one for Eli each year since he came home...and, unbelievably, her hand and foot prints are the same size (at 14 months) that Eli's were (at 24 months)!!!

God has so abundantly blessed us with friends whose little girls are a little bigger than Lael, and my mom, who has found many bargains at the ACTS shop as well as the darling little outfits we have been given from friends and family.  She LOVES them all!! It is so funny to watch her get so excited about her outfits, clapping her hands, almost squealing with joy each morning as we get dressed.  And she LOVES shoes.  It is the highlight of her day when we put on shoes to go for a walk or outside to play.

Lael and I were outside playing the other day and I was able to get a few shots....


Looks like she is leading the troops!! CHARGE!!!!


Conversations with God?

We are having so much fun exploring our world together!!

We received Lael's Certificate of Citizenship this week.  How exciting to see it officially done.  I was quite surprised, and felt even more special than before, when I realized that the letter from President Bush, welcoming Eli into the country as a citizen, was something that must be up to the current president at the time.  Not a standard form letter, per se.  We treasured that letter and had wondered what Lael's would look like from a different President.  There was not a letter with Lael's certificate.

So hard to believe we are already planning our 6 month post placement, for though it seems as if Lael has always been here, it also seems like we just arrived home yesterday.

The kids had their first sand party a few weeks ago.  Lael wasn't too sure what to think about it at first...


Then Eli jumped in and began to show her how to dig and build and make castles....

 What a great big brother he is becoming!!

The next few weeks will find us both going back to work... hopefully!! We are holding our jobs to God and asking Him to be glorified... in our attitudes, our speech and our actions.  Thanking God in advance for His guidance and making the path straight. 
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment