Sunday, September 23, 2012

Bizarre change

This morning started out well;) we were able to discuss (Eli and I) a new book I just started reading about the power of words. We decided to have an experiment of sorts... For 2 hours we were going to try to only say nice, positive things to people. It was such a nice morning!!

I even took the time to curl my hair and leave it down... A dress and dress shoes completed the ensemble... Making me feel pretty;)

Tim sang with the choir, so the kids and I went in later. When we got to church we went in as usual, and I let Lael walk from the car. She loved it!! But as soon as folks came up to say hi, she wanted to get in the carrier with me. The usual flow for Sunday.

She soon fell asleep and was sleeping quite soundly. Her only issue with sleeping on us (holding or in the carrier) is that she likes to lay down and when she wants to move, she will wake up if she can't.

Tim soon joined us in our seats as the choir finished. We were settling in to listen to the sermon when she attempted to roll over and woke partially. I took off the carrier, handed her to Tim and went to the restroom.

When I returned, she wanted nothing to do with me. She actually started crying when I took her back from Tim. When Tim had to leave to go up front and sing she began sobbing uncontrollably, as if she had been hurt. I walked her out of the sanctuary, around the lobby and even into the nursing room (she was crying so loud the whole time!!) I even took her back to sanctuary when she slowed to hiccup sobs and offered her a snack... Which usually solves all wrongs for her. She wouldn't hold her cup, or move, and when she saw me, she started wailing again!

This behavior was so extremely bizarre. We couldn't figure what would have happened in a few minutes time!!

Since we were not staying in sanctuary and church was almost over, we went to get Eli. She saw Eli in the room before we got there and the worker commented on how her face lit up when she saw her brother. (feeling a little like chopped liver at this point, worrying a bit what was wrong, if she was in pain, etc)

We went back, got close to Tim and she leaped into his arms and wouldn't look at me... When she did, She would cry again!!

After talking for a few minutes we gathered our things and it suddenly hit me.

I wear the carrier on Sundays so she can rest comfortably in my arms without stressing my shoulder. I didn't have it on.

I never wear dresses and heels at home. Here, today, I had both on.

I usually have my hair pulled back at home... Out of my face... Today it was down and softly framing my face.

I pulled out a rubber band and put up my hair. I picked up the carrier to carry out.

Suddenly, she realized who I was and came to me. She laughed and giggled all the way home and was right back to normal as soon as I got her out of the carseat.

So, I learned;
Lael is bonding well;)
I look really different when I dress up
Lael thought Tim handed her off to some strange lady after she woke from her nap... No wonder she was terrified
I need to dress up more at home;)

Thank you, God, that there was nothing wrong with Lael today, and thank you for helping us solve the riddle. May we always be able to comfort her with your guidance.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment