Had the most
amazing experience on Sunday. It was confirmed through a devotional I
did on Tuesday morning. I was really praying for my family. For the
good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful. I felt God impress so
strongly on my heart that I was a bit skewed in my praying. I was
praying for God to change everyone, starting with me, to bring peace to
our house. For the anger (which, as our pastor pointed out a few years
ago, the easiest emotion to come out when you are tired, in pain, etc)
to stop and all the Fruit of the Spirit to prevail. For physical healing
for us and an end to the pain we have been suffering through.
Then,
it was as if I felt him say to stop trying. WHAT???? I countered???
unbelieving...yet, His gentle voice reminded me, my husband is His- he
is responsible for his relationship with God and that closeness God
desires with each of us. As head of our house, God is continually calling him to
Himself. My son is working on that relationship... and while I am called
to set a good example and correct him in his actions, I am not
responsible for changing how anyone else thinks. Each person has their
own free will. Lael has been His for so long, I pray she will continue to be close to him all her days and will encourage that all I can. However, I am not to be always strivng to DO God's work for Him.
My job is to draw so close Him that He can flow through me and
accomplish what He desires.
I
guess I have a bit too much of the Martha in me. I want to DO
SOMETHING and I often feel as if I am failing God if I just bask in His
presence, soaking Him in. There has to be something I can do!! And then we get so busy that we lose touch with the One who can direct and guide us the best.
Guess
what I'm going to start doing? And as I let go of my preconceived
notions that I can change the world and join God's team and watch Him do
it through me and others around me, I can relax. Take a step back.
Bask in His glow. Reach out to others. Let my heart show more. Love
my husband and children better. Shine His glory for those around me to
see.
No comments:
Post a Comment