Monday, June 18, 2012

The difference a nice outfit can make....

Oh baby!! We are falling so much in love with you!! The time is just not enough...can't wait to take you in our arms forever!!

We arrived at the baby home again today around noon.  Lael finishes lunch and then comes to play with us for 2 hours and then goes back for her snack.

Today, again, as yesterday, she seemed so tired- almost lethargic.  But it is QUITE warm here.  Elena, our translator explained it was the heat and most children were very tired in the heat.

We tried to interest her in the toys, jingling plastic keys, playing with dolls, placing her in the walker... but she seemed to just want to lay her head on our chest and sleep.  While I am totally in favor of watching her sleep on my chest :) today was our court appointed visit... where our interaction is observed.  Not a lot of interaction with a sleeping infant...

After a little while, I asked Tim to hand me the little dress we bought for her yesterday.  I got it out and held it up to shake out the wrinkles... and it was as if I shook a little excitement into her eyes!! She put her hands up in the air to take off her little jumper she had on, and got the biggest grin we have seen so far!!

I got the dress and jacket on and Tim and I looked at each other as I reached for the hat.  He didn't think she would like or wear it.  SHE LOVED IT!!! We were transfixed at the change in our daughter.  She sat up in my lap for a little while... as I raised her over my head and lowered her to give her kisses all over, she giggled and laughed and was smiles all over.  

Then, just as suddenly, she collapsed onto my chest, fingers in mouth and was about to drift off again.  
We got a few more pictures and played a bit more, then decided to change her back into her other outfit so we could have this one for after we pass court.

A little while later, while we were still trying to coax more smiles and giggles from her, our facilitator came back into the room.  Lael and I were crawling on the floor, being silly, when she crawled over and pulled herself up to the couch and grabbed her hat and tried to put it on.  Thinking it would be good to show Yelena how it looked, I picked up the new dress.  AGAIN!!! all the smiles and giggles from her, and cooperation in raising her arms as we dressed her.  

This time, with Yelena commenting to her how adorable she looks, Lael took off!! She was doing the boot scooting boogie across the floor.  Tim and I chuckled that we were going to forget the toys the next day and just bring a few new articles of clothing for her:)



We changed her back into her regular clothes and were having a blast (finally) when they came back to get her for her snack.  

The ride there and back was filled with preparation for court.  We are to be picked up tomorrow morning at 9am for a 9:30am court appointment.  Our baby home doctor and our court appointed MOE representative that we knew from before and had such a nice reunion 2 months ago are both on vacation.  So, we will have 2 new folks in court tomorrow, along with a new judge, as the former 2 judges, here for our first adoption, have retired.  

We met the Baby Home Dr today.  She reminded me a lot of my cousin, Sonya.  Beautiful big blue eyes, very loving manner and very kind.  She put us immediately at ease, answering our questions and we get the feeling she approves of us as parents for Lael.

We gave her the picture Eli had drawn for Ms Galina- the Baby Home Dr on vacation now.  They LOVED it!! They were so excited over it and couldn't believe what a great job Eli had done.

We met the court appointed representative for the MOE today as we were on our way out of the orphanage.  She enjoyed the photo albums I brought- one of our first visit with Lael, and 2 others of Eli. She also seemed very friendly.

We had a great dinner last night... Tuna/veggie/rice casserole...Yummy!!!


Tim and I have been reviewing our paperwork, questioning each other, rehearsing the facts, all in preparation for tomorrow.  COURT!!  

Thank you to any and all reading for pausing to pray with and for us as we make the case to complete our family.  (9:00pm Monday evening EST til about midnight)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until we get to see that little face! She and Katy are going to have a blast crawling around together. -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the little outfit! She sounds like she is a very girlie-girl! So much more fun to dress than little boys! ;) Prayers tonight!

    ReplyDelete