Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A time apart

Last night we finally hooked up with a local missionary family I had been in contact with on Facebook. Oh what a lovely time we had!!

The Papa picked us up and took us out to meet the family, have dinner and a brief respite from all that is foreign. What an incredible family and a great ministry!

We were actually familiar with what they were doing as we learned a bit about it through our Perspective course last year. How cool to see it in real life and hear stories of lives changed, hope restored and adoptions for God completed.

We made many sweet memories with this dear family, that will not anytime soon be forgotten.

Humorous anecdote I can share...
I asked them a Russian phrase I had stuck in my head that I didn't know what it meant..."what does nes nayu mean" I asked. "I don't know," he replied.

Great I thought, he speaks Russian and doesn't know. ;(

I said, "What?"

He replied, "It means, 'I don't know.'"

Hahaha!!! Apparently it is a joke... And I walked right into it;)

Thank you, sweet family, for the amazing time away from time you gave us, sharing your hearts, home and yummy food so selflessly. You will be in our continued prayers for all the ministries you have going on, as well as your own precious family's growth.

Blessings!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment