Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer days

Summer days are busy days for Mommy... and Daddy.  I get called in to work a lot more, to cover for other Pharmacists on vacation.  So, Daddy is with the kids... and sends me pictures of some of the crazy stuff they do... Here is our pistol packing Mama!!
 The kids had fun, Eli showing Lael how his backhoe works...
 Then, while Tim is at work, we call each night to pray together on Facetime.... Here is what we look like to each other, from Tim's phone. 
 The cooler weather has been a great blessing... and we have been enjoying many of our meals outside.
 Lael played hard with Daddy one day.... she was drenched from the warmer day we had...
 Eli has been taking piano lessons this summer.  We are so incredibly proud of him.  He has learned so much already and is beginning to play songs on the staff with both hands.  I love watching him as he learns. 
Before church a few Sunday's ago... we had the cute little dress and shoes that Grandma gave Lael.  She was soooo adorable. Love the two of them together!

Lael loves Eli's old stroller.  She is content to sit for a long time there.  I was so impressed to see them playing together, peacefully the other day, him enjoying pushing her, her content to be gently pushed around the yard.


Fun on the swing set... soooo difficult to get a valid picture of kids in motion!

Lael loves to ride on the back of her new tricycle while Eli drives. 


I dug out an old wig for a friend to use for a play she was in a few weeks ago.  I wanted to let her know what it looked like, so I got a photo with it on.  It was dusky outside, and the wig looked black on my fair skin. 


Not so with Tim, as we did it inside under the light.  Everyone commented on his pic.... I was so scary, he looked great!

So, of course, the kids wanted in on the action:)hehe
When I got the wig back and had it ready to pack away, the kids wanted their pic as well:)
Eli makes a cute girl:)




Lael looks like a friend of ours....

More teamwork... Lael helping Eli as he fires off his volcano he got for his birthday.  She was very happy to watch as he added his chemicals and the brew boiled and spilled out the top.

Ah, summer days are drawing to a close.  School starts soon and we won't have all day together.  Thank you, God, for seasons in our lives where we can be together.  Let us use them to the fullest to sustain us for times when we are apart. 
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment