She woke on her own this morning and, except for a few minutes after she doesn't get something immediately that she wants, has been such a pleasant and happy baby!!
It is almost like watching bonding happen in fast forward speed. It seems every hour she is coming to me more, to give me a hug or get some cuddles... And the infamous open mouthed baby kisses;) other than the yogurt kisses that almost made me look like a new bride with cake on my face, I LOVE it!!
She is warming up to Tim quite a bit as well. I'm not sure if he's ever had to work so hard to get a girl he loves to open up to him... Cause he "had me from hello!"
I fall in love with him just a little more each time I watch him pour himself out so selflessly for this sweet baby girl.
Today, as I was holding her, we gave Papa kisses and he stood so still as she explored his face with her little fingers. She doesn't care for even the slight stubble, though she did pat his hair and face;)
She was able to watch Eli this morning as we Skyped and even played a little peek a boo as we were eating breakfast... Who knows if she understands the picture on the screen is her brother;) it was sweet all the same!!
We are looking forward to Moscow, since it is the final leg of our journey, but, with no Internet there, we are dreading no contact with Eli for several days. (not to mention the conveniences of this nice apartment;))
He is doing very well with Mom and Dad, keeping busy, trying to keep cool, and telling us it is time to be home NOW. We couldn't agree more, though there is a special cocoon effect as we are holed up here all alone together in the apartment. There is the Internet here, which is distracting enough, but no job to leave for, no phone calls, no interruptions, just us playing with our baby girl for the first few days;)
Please, don't anyone take offense at that!! We will welcome calls when we get home... It is just a very limited, special time that we get to be wholly focused on our daughter with very few distractions. I am sure by the time we reach home we will be craving adult conversation;)
Well, the pears, prunes and fresh fruits have done their job;) we may need more "nappies" than we originally thought, if the 3 BM this morning are a daily occurrence;) Don't know where the kids put all this food!!
Tim walked around with her for a little bit after lunch... I keep hearing Stephen Curtis Chapman's song in my head, as he dances one of his first dances with his little Cinderella. I'll leave you with this

Thanking God that each new day is filled with promises- and for answers to so many prayers!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
As a mother to 3 girls, that song makes me cry everytime I hear it. But since mine are all but grown, I am qualified to tell u to cherish everyone of these moments because to qoute another scc Chapman song its the miracle of the moment. They fly by so quickly. I watched the video of your beautiful baby girl as I am preparing to send my youngest baby girl to her senior year of band camp. Such bitter sweet moments! Thank u Jesus for for loaning us this souls to be caretakers for, i pray we will all make u proud!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for your loving words and encouragement;) just wondering who is this? It didn't leave your name;)
Delete