Sunday, July 22, 2012

Growth


I love watching the new ticker on the right of the blog... We have been a family for 2 whole days!! Yahhooooo!!!!






This afternoon was fabulous, taking a stroll together as a family around the block, discovering new alleys and all the shady spots.  At one point we walked past a little park.



















The flowers were HUGE and beautiful!!  Lael is fascinated by the birds.  The pigeons and the little sparrows... The stone wall we walk past... Windows that show her reflection... (she would pat her bow at almost every window... haha)

 Lael really seems to like the carrier.  We even had a few face moments today... she would look up at me, reach up and pat my face, or try to stick her fingers in my mouth and then laugh.  I love that she is making tons of eye contact... not only because she has beautiful eyes that I love to gaze into, but I know the significance of the trust and bonding shown by eye contact. :) Yeah!
We are Love, LOVE, Loving the time with Lael... but can't wait to get off the beautiful tile floor.  This is where we are reminded of our age, as we struggle to get up after an hour or so on the floor:)  So thankful God has always provided that extra push when we need it.  Amazing how exhausting it is "doing nothing" but playing with the baby.  So much discovery, so much amazement.  So wonderful to rediscover the world through eyes so fresh to it.

Lael and I discovered a new game that we both loved... Peek a boo Hide and seek.... I make sure she sees me hide in a corner, and then say, "Gdye Mama, Ksusha???"  She actually giggles and comes crawl stepping toward me and I jump out and say, "Kookoo!!"

Crawl stepping is her latest mode... she started today when she had a skirt on.  Then, with pants on, she still was doing it.  Tim and I have a hard time seeing, as we laugh so hard we cry... She is "walking" on her feet and hands at the same time... hilarious!!

Funny story to mention... our shower has a half glass wall that swings out.  When we were visiting with our missionary friends, I mentioned that the only thing about the apartment that isn't spectacular is this particular feature, as it gets much wet if you aren't very careful.

I was thinking tonight about how God has redeemed every aspect of this adoption that I have complained about.  Last trip, it was the entrance to the JFK airport- where we waited for so long for a cab, and the next day where we walked to in order to get in a shorter line for checking in.

This trip- the shower.  The cold water was turned off so they could do maintenance this weekend.  From Friday evening 11pm... I went in to take a shower and NO COLD WATER!! It was so hot, I had to draw a bath and let it sit to cool down.  And again last night.

Tonight, God redeemed the door I complained about.  Ahhhh!! how nice to have a nice WARM shower and not have to use the bath.  Complaints solved- I will remember NOT being able to use the shower and be thankful in EVERYTHING:)

Thank you, God, for giggles and girls and all the amazing blessings you have showered our lives with! Thank you for redeeming the complaints and giving me a change in attitude when I don't see things as you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment